photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Saturday 15 May 2010

Lou's Reviews- Eylure Festival Lashes

Aloha Bloggerinos,

As you may or may not know, I am an eye person. That's not to say that I am one massive eye on legs, that would be silly, but that I love eyeshadows, liners, primers, mascara's, glitter aannnnddd eyelashes!!! My absolute favourites are MAC and Eylure Girls Aloud varieties, so you can imagine my utter glee when I found out (from Ling over at moonbeamstarshine on youtube) that Eylure have launched a new range. The Girls Aloud Festival Range! Wowee wowee wowee!

There are 5 sets available (one for each member of the band), and I currently have 3- yippeee! They retail for £6.50 each and if they are like their regular range, I find you can get quite a few uses out of them. Just peel them off your eyes very carefully, give them a gentle wipe with a makeup remover wipe (I use Johnsons 3 in 1) to take of any excess glue/shadow/liner/mascara, and place back on the plastic palette you took them from. Simples! I have heard a MAC salesperson say that you can have up to 12 uses with their lashes but I think the most I have had is 6 or 7. I usually get about 5 from Eylure lashes.

Very technically this is not a review, because I haven't tried these on yet. I do have a lot of experience with the regular range though so I have a lot of trust in this product, I actually find the regular range easier to apply than MAC lashes, and that's saying something!

I had a little photo shoot with the 3 packets and so I shall show you the lovely lashes in all their glory.


Each set retails at £6.50 and I have seen them in Boots and Superdrug so far. Each 'kit' comes in a little clear plastic pouch with a resealable zip type jobby. In the pouch is a lanyard that clips onto the top of the pouch, to use at festivals (hence the name you see) in a different colour depending on the bandmate. It also include the jazzy lashes and a little tube of rescrewable-uppable (real word there folks) Eylure glue. I always find these tubes have tonnes of glue in and last for ages so I like this factor a lot. The pouch also include a little instruction manual which will be very hand for first timers.


The first set is "Nicola" and her colour is yellow. These are the only ones that have a set of lashes for your upper AND lower lashes. I've never worn 'falsies' on my lower lids so this will be a new experience.


I really like how the yellow design is carried through to the back of the packaging too.

Here are a few close-ups of the actual lashes. Silver and sparkly. Yay!



With flash. I luurvve how tapered they are. Sexy!


Without flash. You can see the silveryness better here. It's luuuurrrvveellyy!


Can you see the little butterfly? It's only on one side but I think it's really pretty. Very subtle but very oh la la.

Next is Cheryl's line. Her colour is red. Smokin'!
I wont bore you with too many photos but the red is carried through onto too. I do enjoy the continuity. hehe.


Below is without flash. They are black tapered lashes with gold. It is as if someone has dipped a paintbrush in gold paint and flicked it on them. I likey likey.


With flash. Lovely jubbly.


And here we are up close. Look how loooonngg they are. Love it love it love it!!


Last but not least we have the lovely Nadine set. I think these might be my second favourite (after Nicola) and I plan on wearing them for my Big Fat BBQ next week (more on that to come).

Nadine's colour is purple and her special feature are gorgeous little rainbow gems :)


This one is my favourite colour so if I were to use any of the lanyards, I would use this one. Bit of trivia for you there Bloggerinos.


Without flash. Look how curly they are. They're like dolly lashes. :)


With flash. I know it's bright but I wanted you to see the gem colours well.

As you can tell, I am really, really, really excited about these lashes! I am planning on wearing these to various events throughout the summer and perhaps even to the odd wedding reception here and there ;)

Have you tried any of this range? What do you think of them?

Toodlepip!

xx


12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing how they last and look when on.I was admiring these in Superdrug the other day.Couldn't decide which one to get though.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are hot! I don't think we have them in the states though. A little secret.... I am HORRIBLE at putting on false lashes! Its so sad. Im thinking about investing in some Latisse, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh no! You just need a bit of practise and you'll be fine I'm sure! What is 'Latisse'? I have never heard of such a thing and I'm intrigued.
    If you find yourself really wanting some, let me know and I'll send some over. Maybe we could do a little swap for things you have over there that we dont have over here. I cant think of anything American that I want but if you wanted some I'm sure I could have a good think! haha xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow cool Eylure lashes!!:D
    what glue u always wear for false lashes ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look so fun!
    never heard of Girls Aloud though... :s

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! So cool, thanks for sharing! I'm addicted to false lashes... I just bought 10 new pairs today :) I love the Cheryl set, btw!

    XOXO

    http:hardcoremakeupjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these and have been dying to get them but I hate how they've upped the prices of these (and the originals) from £5 up to £6.50. I know it's only a £1.50 increase but £5 was a lot to me for eyelashes let alone £6.50.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see them on ♥ I really love these with gold on! That is also very matching to the current gold-on-your-nails fashion gal trend ♥♥♥

    Lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Nicola ones! I have the original first line ones in Nicola, love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love eyelure lashes, but they arent sold everywhere around here. I only know of one store nowadays who has them when I need them. But they dont have this range, or any of the other onse, just the regulars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, those all look great, i am a big false lash girl myself so will wait for an update on them. Please check out my new blog as my 1st blog was about lashes too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want these so badly! We don't get them over here in Australia, but luckily I'm heading home to London for a while in August :)
    i know i'm probably going to end up buying all of them!
    Thanks for all the photos, now I know i definitely want them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg