photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Monday 24 May 2010

Lou's Reviews- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss


Aloha Bloggerinos,

A few weeks ago for my birthday, Mattmoo kindly bought me two lovely lipglosses from Boots and I loved them both so much that I went back and bought another. They are Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Peach Petal (nude), Pink Pop (warm pink) and Coral Reef (orangey) and retail at £6.49 from Boots (according to the website there is a 3 for 2 offer currently running.



Now I will hold my hands up to being a lipgloss junkie, I love all of them from the cheapiecheapies to the high end wonders. Having tried them all (or at least lots and lots) I can safely say that despite the price, the quality of these glosses is FANTASTIC.


The packaging (which is always the first thing I notice, which is why it's usually the first thing I comment on) is very agreeable. I think it is demure and sturdy and I'm glad it has a doefoot applicator because I find these easiest to work with.

These lipglosses have a lovely silky texture that glides on easily and doesn't feel sticky or gloopy. You can apply one layer for a rather sheer look, or build up the coverage for a more opaque effect. Personally, I prefer the opaque look with these, especially pink pop which looks pretty with navy blue eyeshadow.


Peach Petal is a perfectly pretty nude. It has a peach milkyness to it and it is so far the only nude I can manage (I have GOSH Darling but I'm not getting on with it very well). It doesn't have any glitter or shimmer in it, just sheeny sheeny.

Pink Pop is my favourite by a million miles and I have been wearing it to work, to see friends and on nights out. It is a gorgeous Barbie-esque pink and gives a really cutsie look. It is a fairly blue toned pink too which is good because blue toned colours help teeth appear whiter and everyone wants a super smile.

Coral Reef, to its' credit, comes out the exact same colour as it look sin the tube. I try to apply this very lightly so that my natural lip colour shines through, otherwise it can look too orange. I know corals and oranges are in this summer but I think I would prefer this if it was more coral than orange. Hmmm, maybe I could mix them to make the perfect shade? I will definitely be wearing this more when I have a good tan (from a can! No skin damage for me thank you kindly) and it is a delightfully summery hue.

These lipglosses have a mediocre lasting power, but for a medium price, I am still really happy with this product and will use these as my summer staples.


In the last few weeks I have really taken to the Revlon range and am open to trying new things from them. Do you have any gems from Revlon? What are your recommendations?

Toodlepip!

xx

12 comments:

  1. I have Coral Reef and Peach Petal and I like them a lot.. I do find them to be a bit sticky and glue-ish though. You're right about the colours though, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite Revlon product is definitely the ColorStay eyeliner in black, it's one of the twist up ones and it seriously lasts ALL day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peach Petal! I bought it a while back in Boots when they were giving out £2 off Revlon and Mabelline so I got it even cheaper! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Revlon colorburst lipsticks and the Lilac super lustrous gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fab!
    I have peach petal and at first I thought it was TOO nude but i'm getting used to it :) great quality though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look gorgeous especially the bright pink. I have recently fallen in love with bright pink lipstick and i use to hate it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! The quality of these glosses is really good considering the price. I was really impressed with the pigmentation. You should try the lilac one...it's a little bit harder to wear because of the color but so pretty once you find how to make it work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh the pink one looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. may try one of these out soon, i am on the hunt for lipsticks, which do you recommend?
    i am glad you got som many positive comments aswell from your OOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've nominated you for a blog award! :)

    http://sarahbox04.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have actually got those three shades but i picked them up in poundland, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these soooo much!! they are my favourite!

    www.loganmaack.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg