photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Lou's Review's: Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick

Aloha Bloggerinos,

I'm having beauty post withdrawal symptoms, so to satisfy my makeup needs, here's one to smile about!

The other night I was in Tesco with my chum Shmannyshmell (aka Dani) and whilst she was looking for hair dye, I meandered over to the makeup counters. I was having a HUGE hankering for a bright pink lipstick for my hen do and knew I wouldn't have another chance to buy one so decided to choose one there. The selection was very limited and the shelves sparsely stacked, so I was driven to the Rimmel counter.


I don't really have much from Rimmel and for some reason, never really look at it. I think I have been put off by the really annoying "Get the London look" thing that Kate Moss did, did anyone else feel gggggrrrrr'd by this? She gets my wick I tell ya!

Anyway, in short, I picked up the Colour Show Off Lipstick in Pink Gossip and I'm bloomin' well glad I did!


It retails for £5.99 and there are 12 shades to choose from. This lipstick has a velvet finish and excellent staying power. Personally, the velvet finishes don't float my boat, so I apply a slick of lipgloss (with this I like MAC Dazzleglass Extra Amps or Baby Sparks) to add a but of lustre.

I like this lipstick because you can apply one coat for a reasonably sheer finish or 2-3 for a more dramatic look. If you look back to my hen night pictures, I'm wearing it there- woop woop! I've also done you a little swatch to show the difference between 1 and 3 layers. Lovely jubbly. Also, do you like my bracelet? I made it!!


I love love love the pink metallic finish to it, I like to leave it on my desk at work to perk up my day! How sad is that?! Ha.

The only negative I have about this product is the fragrance. Some people might enjoy it but it reminds me of play lipsticks I had as a child and I'm overly keen on this.

All in all, a great lipstick and I am looking forward to having the mula to try out some more colours. Have you tried this? What were your thoughts?

Toodlepip!

xx

9 comments:

  1. Not sad at all! That is the prettiest lippy packaging I've seen in a while!
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Like the wearer!!
    I have enjoyed the hen do piccies. I usually give them a wide berth, but your mates did you real proud.
    What date are you getting married? Mr B has bought you a little pressie from Manchester, so, maybe meet up for coffee in town?
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the colour Shake up, and I also dislike the scent :/ but the colour is super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the smell too, reminds me of playdough! ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bracelet is adorable. Sounds like you had fun getting that tube of lipstick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G O R G E O U S !!!!!!!!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought a rimmel lippy today and loved everything about it apart from the smell! Mine's was on sale so I assumed it was off....but maybe they all smell like that! Eek! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks a pretty lippie!

    And well done on the bracelet, very pretty!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rec yard is up that road by the Picturedrome, opp the Racecourse.
    I think you've got my mobile no., give me a ring to meet up.
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg